Keeping it White
We all know how hard it can be to keep something white especially when it comes to clothing! White clothing is specially died to be that pristine color. Over time that white color will often times turn a yellowish color. There are typically many different solutions one can try to help decrease this nasty yellow colors, but it’s all about finding the one you like the most.
- Starting with something that isn’t as harsh as some products is a good first step.
- Dilute 1/4 cup of lemon juice with 1 gallon of hot water
- Let the article of clothing sit for 1-2 hours, wring out, and let it dry in the sun
- This product is available at a variety of stores
- Dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of Borax in at least 2 cups of water.
- Add this solution to your laundry cycle and leave it out to dry
- There are many different brands of this specific type of product
- Follow the directions on the bottle but typically they are an additive to your laundry cycle
- Combine about 1 cup of vinegar with hot water and place the white garment in the solution
- Let it soak for up to an hour, and then wash.
Schafer Dry Cleaning offers free Pick Up and Delivery Service to your home or office. Schafer services, Jackson, Chelsea, Hillsdale, Napoleon, Brooklyn, Michigan Center, Grass Lake, Albion, Liberty, Hanover, Jerome, Somerset and Cement City in Michigan.
Contact us today to get your service started! 517-782-7131
Make sure to check out our Facebook page for more information!